Time-Out with Tori

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Whitney's Senior Diving

Whitney's senior swimming night was a treat to be at! Wearing our very loud SHS Diver shirts to cheer her on (because you have to be totally silent while she's diving) I got to watch her for the first time live and in person. She's amazing! Never would I be found first of all in public in a swimming suit with everyone staring at me but also doing flips, twists, turns and other acrobatic moves off the board into the water. Way to go Whitney! She is such a trooper too! She basically attended any and all sporting events of mine as she was the baby child who got dragged to all my events and so I was past due to come and watch and support her during one of her events. She didn't know that Jenn, Nate or I were coming so not only was she happy to see us but also surprised - good plan mom! :)
Another great thing about going home randomly in the middle of the week was that I got to have lunch and hang out with my best friend, Johnna as well as her husband Derek and their daughter, Madison. Isn't she adorable?!?!? Johnna has been my best friend since I moved to Sterling, Illinois when I was in elementary school. It has been fun to go through all the phases and stages of life together so far. In junior high we battled together on the basketball court with the JohnTor Kingdom, in high school we continued to play basketball together and also grow up together, always encouraging, helping and having fun together. The college years distanced us just a bit but nothing could ever completely seperate our friendship. After I graduated college we got to live together although it was only for a few short months until God brought me to Indianapolis. I knew it had to be God calling me otherwise I'd still want to be living with her right now. She has shared with me so many of her special moments like getting married in Mexico, having Madison and now buying a house! Johnna, you're a huge blessing in my life and I can't wait to share my moments of marriage and children with you! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy Nuetzel said...

Her cuteness is about impossible to stand. I feel like Superman and am being weakened by Kryptonite... she's... just... so... cute......

7:07 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Lienau said...

I have to agree. She is just...so...adorable! And she is actually smiling for the picture. :) Hope you had a great birthday Tor!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home