Time-Out with Tori

Friday, October 06, 2006

The Lumberjacks

Time to cut some Firewood!!!!


Last Saturday afternoon Andy and I enjoyed the gorgeous weather at a friend's cabin down in Brown County chopping and splitting firewood. God blessed us with many resources and used many people to make this day happen. Scott allowed us to go down to the cabin and cut up the fallen logs, Andy's older brother, Adam, let us borrow his pick-up truck, Paulg lent us his ax, Andy's dad, Al, gave us the chainsaw and wheelbarrow for the day as well as some of the essential pieces in Andy's above priceless attire. We worked hard for about 4 hours with only a tiny break to picnic and let the splendor of God's creation astound us. We had a chance to work hard alongside each other and swop stories of other firewood chopping experiences, most notably for me was when I used to help my dad back in Connersville. I don't remember much but I do remember my dad wearing his green with yellow stripes hat and I got plenty of wheelbarrow rides! :) We departed back to the southside of Indianapolis with empty stomachs, depleted energy, sore muscles but with a full load of firewood and a sense of accomplishment. After unloading the wood and returning most of the items back to where they belonged we cleaned up and headed to the northside to have dinner and hang out with AngB and Dan. When I laid my head down on my pillow that night I fell asleep instantly - what a great day it had been but boy was I tired!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Lienau said...

Andy's suspenders and hat are great! You two are adorable. :)

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home