Time-Out with Tori

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Merry Christmas!

God truly has blessed me this year as he showed me all the people in my life that love me and that I now have two families to celebrate with. Andy and I celebrated Christmas a bunch of times with a bunch of different people this year. Friday, December 22nd we spent the night at his parents house and woke up on the 23rd and had Christmas with his family and his mom made biscuits and gravy - YUM! Later that afternoon we celebrated Christmas with his mom's side of the family including all the aunts and uncles and cute new cousins. We then drove to my Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's house where we spent the night and after church spent Sunday celebrating Christmas with my mom's side of the family. That night we drove back to Sterling and surprised everyone with a our new tradition of setting off fireworks around the campfire. It was a beautiful night!


The night ended with Ethan (my brother) betting Andy $300 that he couldn't eat 12 bananas in an hour and a half. Well, Andy is not one to turn down a bet so although it caused him to have some scary bathroom experiences throughout the night he ate all 12 bananas and now we have some extra wedding fund money to work with - way to bring home the bread (bananas) fiance!

We woke up around 10:45am on Christmas Day to open presents after we opened our stockings. This year for Christmas Andy and I gave each other stockings that we made ourselves as our gift that we can use the rest of our lives and then filled them up. My mom came through yet again with making it difficult to figure out the code or hunt for our presents which is always a fun challenge. We spent the whole day in our pajamas playing all the new board games we got and eating my mom's good cooking.


On the 26th my best friend Johnna hosted a bridal shower at her house and it was a great afternoon of being with friends and family and eating very good Italian food they made. Johnna's daughter Madie was the youngest and without question the cutest person there! :) Thank you Johnna for having the shower for me at a crazy time of the year! It will be so great to have a week of time with you and Madie before the wedding for girl stuff! :)

Andy and I headed back to Indy after the shower with AngB and it was a pretty quiet ride back home. We celebrated our last Christmas gathering of the year on Saturday with Andy's dad side of the family. We are so blessed to have so many great family and friends that we got to share the joy of Christmas with this year. We also got a digital camera for Christmas from Andy's parents so hopefully I'll be posting more with pictures this year!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home